Happy Monday, ya'll!!
Speaking of motivation....
I took a few days off from the blog over the holidays, and during that time I gave some serious thought as to how to continue writing here at this little cyber spot. Part of me wanted to just keep it simple, and go back to writing only about our family life, and another part of me couldn't resist the thought of venturing out and trying my hand at writing a serious of posts focused on a particular topic. I know, this is a mayor importanté decisión.
1. I NEED you!It's time to speak your mind, people! Tell me what you want to know! What should I write about?? What should I not write about (I can't promise I won't, but feel free to speak your mind, anyway-way). PLEASE, drop me an e-mail, pour forth your ideas in the comments, or shout it out on Facebook. I'm here, and I'm ready to write for YOU!!
2. I NEED to be inspired!To keep running, that is. 17 weeks into pregnancy #6 and, well, let's just say that running feels a bit like doing Dance Party 2 in a bowl of Jello-O (that was not meant to sound kinky). It feels awkward, it always does. So, starting in February, I'll be hosting a weekend link-up called, "Heart & Sole" Saturdays, where running bloggers can link up anything and everything about running. I'm hoping their stories will keep me inspired to keep going until June and beyond! Stay tuned!
3. I NEED to share!Finally, (are you still here?? need more coffee??) beginning next week, I'll begin sharing a series of posts called Motivate Me Monday. I've really been inspired and motivated by many bloggers over the past few years to do everything from cook with coconut oil and paint my living room a different color, to pray more for my husband and embrace precious time being silly with my kids. It's the small things done over and over that eventually stick and become habit. Good habits, I think, make us happier, healthier people. I promise that MMM posts will NOT include the following:
1. How to replace your daily/weekly brew (or, insert beverage of choice) with healthier green drinks, because I'm not interested in cruel, unusual and untested (not to mention unreasonable) ideas.
2. How to scale back your shoe collection. NO hypocrisy allowed here. That's a rule.
3. How to de-stress your life with yoga. Um, hello, please see #1. I promise to offend you with my crazy belief Jesus as the ultimate source of peace before I throw up some video tutorial on the downward dog (it's the only pose name I can ever remember, so there ya go).
Well, that's about as close to a blogging infomercial as I can get, minus the annoying music. I still haven't figured out how to greet you some tunes when you get here, which might be a nice touch, no? Ann Voskamp's melody has me crying before I even read her posts. But, I don't want to make you cry. Today's soundtrack here would be "Ice, Ice Baby."
I'm off to play professor....
Have a lovely day (stay warm)!!