This past week is the first week, since the birth of this blog, that I haven't published any new posts. When good friends and wonderful family come out for a visit to the farm, it's time to to put the clickity-clack at the keyboard to rest. During my blogging hiatus, I was ever-so-kindly nominated for the "Very Inspiring Blogger" award, by Dina at A Plucky Procrastinator! What a surprise to know that someone actually considers you to be inspiring!! Sarcastic, yes, but inspiring?? Yay!
As with all blogging awards, you have to follow a few little rules. First, you get to enjoy 7 interesting things about me with your morning cup of joe, or afternoon diet coke, or evening glass of wine....and I also get to share my list of inspirational bloggers with you! Here we go!!...
1. I can hang a spoon from my nose. It's been a valuable source of entertainment for my kids (and some unfortunate onlookers) over the past few years. Really, it's how you embrace being given an over-sized snout.
2. I used to play the tenor saxophone. My love for the instrument began in 6th grade, and I continued to play through college in the symphony, a jazz quartet and marching band. Good times!
3. For 15 years I've been trying to train for and run a marathon, but have not been able to accomplish my goal. BUT, I'm currently training for one that is set for April 28th, and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I don't trip over a chicken and break a limb between now and then. (Knock. On. Wood.)
4. I'm a big fan of gardening. It's very challenging where we live, but I think I'm getting it figured out. It's really my little way of farming, and we get to eat all of the delicious benefits!
5. I have a lazy eye. I can literally be looking at you, and my right eye will drift outward. It also happens when attempting to apply eye-liner a bit too close to the mirror. Next time I'll You Tube if for you.
6. It would be a dream come true for me to write and publish either a children's book or a song that makes it into the hands of a professional singer. I heard Debbie Gibson has some free time. What?? Who's that, you say?? Hello! Electric Youth?? Only in My Dreams??...
7. I often speak in my blog about the necessity of a good glass of wine at the end of a long and hard day of mothering, but I must confess that while wine is good, I'm actually a beer girl. There's nothing better than a cold beer in a frosty mug to quench a farm girl's thirst!
Here's my list of 15 for your reading pleasure:
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, EVERYONE!!