Calicos and Cupcakes. There, I found a simple fill in the blank poem about love. Since we homeschool, the writing project was easily incorporated into our lessons as we reviewed the five senses, and also similes and metaphors. At first I thought that I might need to guide them a little bit through the activity, but to my surprise, they whisked the papers out of my hands and dove right in.
Love looks like:
Love smells like:
Love tastes like:
Love feels like:
Love sounds like:
These are my 7 favorite responses:
1. Love looks like: My brother Henry when he is giving (George). When does he do this? I mean, absolutely!
2. Love looks like: Rain on a dry day. (Andrew) That's a farm boy!
3. Love smells like: Bacon. (Henry) And, that is why I love you, my child!
4. Love tastes like: Warm hot chocolate on a cold day. (Ben and Andrew)
5. Love feels like: A hug when you want one. (Andrew) Unlimited supply, right here, baby!
6. Love sounds like: A symphony. (Ben) You and I, we bond over a little Beethoven!
7. Love sounds like: My Mom. (George) Melt. My. Heart.